tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 27 17:50:05 1998

Re: K.L.I.? Rank

> ra'wI'  and  la''a'  are positions, not ranks.
>

> I understand sometimes the need to "create" a rank, especially when
> translating from Federation, but a klingon serving on a klingon ship...
>

> DloraH

I understood that much. I am using /ra'wI'/ as a post title, for the commander of
a ship, not as the rank of Commander. I'm currently not using /la'a'/, as I didn't
think it appropriate for a naval post.
Also, before anyone comments on it, I'm aware that /la' cha'DIch/ and /Sogh
cha'DIch/ do not translate literally to Lt. Commander and Lt. JG, respectively. I
am using them as Klingon equivalents for Federation ranks. As the UFP fleet
was the first one in our sim organization, all of the other fleets are required to
use equivalent ranks.

Thanks for the reponse,
Kreth

Back to archive top level