tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 27 15:45:12 1998

Re: K.L.I.? Rank

> : I've been conducting Klingon sims for about 2 years now on irc, and
> we've : always used cha'DIch la' for Lieutenant Commander. In fact, I
> believe I : consulted this very list when I was putting together my rank
> structure... If you'd : : Kreth
>
> Clearly, this should grammatically be *{la' cha'DIch} "second commander"
> as ordinal numbers *follow* the noun in Klingon:

I am appropriately embarassed that I never caught this... Now, since I will be re-
doing at least part of our rank structure, I welcome input on the names for our
ranks and posts, as listed below:

Ranks:
'aj - Admiral
HoD - Captain
la' - Commander
la' cha'DIch - Lt. Commander
Sogh - Lieutenant
Sogh cha'DIch - Lt. JG
mangHom - Cadet

Note: I have kept to Naval ranks only, as these are the ranks used in other
Fleets within the sim organization (UFP, RSE, etc...)

Posts:

ra'wI' - Commander
wa'DIch - First Officer
jonwI' - Engineer