tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 25 09:40:55 1998

Re: List for beginners???

David Baxter wrote:

> Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but when I first subscribed to
> this list, it was a list for beginners. Now I am finding that the majority
> of messages are written by people who appear to be quite fluent in Klingon.
> For people like me, who are looking to learn a new language, this is too
> confusing. It is like putting a Japanese person in the heart of Paris and
> telling him to get on with his life.
>
> I have seriously considered unsubscribing from this list, and I know other
> people have unsubbed, also because of the complexity of the language now it
> too great.
>
> Please bring the list back to what it used to be... a help place for
> beginners, and a place where beginners can share new ideas and learn the
> Klingon language.
>
> Qapla'
>
> David Baxter
> [email protected]

  As for me, I like the list the way it is. When I started learning Klingon,
both the BG and reading experienced speakers' posts were a great help for me.
Of course it's hard to read messages in Klingon when you've just started with
the language, but it's a good way to learn the basic vocabulary. And it gets
easier the more you read.

QaQ jabbI'IDghomvam. naDev BG qonwI'pu' po' je lutu'lu'. tlhIngan Hol
jabbI'IDmey DalaDchugh nom bIpo'choHlaH SoH je. DuHvam yItlhoj!

HovqIj

Back to archive top level