tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 21:59:27 1998

Re: KLBC - pabwIj vIlughmoH 'ej mu'tlheghmey chu' vIqon

---Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' Qov:
> >tlhIngan jIH - I am a Klingon (no added emphasis)
> >tlhIngan jIH'e' - *I* am a Klingon.
>
> Um, can we do this?  TKD 6.3, page 67, uses {tlhIngan jIH} as an
> example, but the paragraph immediately before the example says:
>
> Noun suffixes are not appropriate.
>
> Maybe to emphasize the "I" in {tlhIngan jIH}, one says
> {tlhIngan jIH jIH}.  Or maybe not.

tlhIngan jIH'e' is what comes out of my mouth when I think that, and
I'd be surprised to learn it's wrong, but I acknowledge that it's
dubious and shouldn't have been said by a BG.

==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian