tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 19:32:48 1998

Re: Question from a newbie

ja' Qor'etlh:
>The only clear Statement of Fact MO made at Praxis (in my presence)
>was after a very informal class/discussion (given as a part of the
>Con) was a very firm denial of the QAO sentance. This was unequivocal.

What particular QAO sentence was used as reference here?  If it was
specifically to shut down things like *{nuqDaq yuch vIlan 'e' vIqaw}
"I remember where I put the chocolate", that's one thing, but if it
was a blanket condemnation of real questions as the object of another
sentence, that's something else entirely.  The complete denial would
tell us that embedded questions can't migrate to the matrix clause,
or something like that, indeed marking {nuq DaSop DaneH} as illegal.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level