tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 11:49:04 1998

Re: Transcribing movie soundtracks

ja' voragh:

> : Understanding the movie soundtracks is a real challenge. I know
> : I have made mistakes interpreting things. I still have no clue
> : what the officer was saying when he spread out the map (or
> : whatever paper it was) on the desk in ST6. It sounded like
> : somethingwaWAwawa...
> :
> : charghwI'
>
> Well, here's my working version of that scene:

A few opinions from a non-expert:

>    (War council on Kronos One after Gorkon's assassination)
>
>      Kerla:   DIHIvlaHtaHvIS DaH DIHIvnIS
>                (Attack them now, while we still can!)
>      Khmarr:  DIHIvbej [pagh] qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a' DImoj              (sic)
>                (Attack or be slaves in their world.)

Maybe {DIHIvbe'chugh}???

>      Grokh:   QaplaH <pla'> pe'vIl <Qapla' ghobe' laH'a'>               (??)
>                (We can take whole by force, what they propose to divide.)

This one's very hard. I got {qo' wIHIvlaH pe'vIl tlhap'egh.... <not
understandable>}(???)

>      Azetbur: ghu'maj Dayajbe'law' Sa'
>                (not subtitled)
>                {You don't seem to grasp our situation, General.} (novel)
>      Azetbur: notlh veS 'a toH manotlhchoH <chenmoH>                    (??)
>               (War is obsolete, General...as we are in danger of becoming.)
>               {War is...obsolete. As we are in danger of becoming.} (novel)

Maybe {tugh manotlhchoH je maH}???

>      Kerla:   QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS
>                (Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.)

I know this is what they said but it rather sounds like {QaQ}(at least to my
ear).

>      Azetbur: 'e' neHbe' vavwI'
>                (That wasn't what my father wanted.)
>
> Since we'll never see copies of the shooting scripts, we may never know.

Do'Ha'.

> Voragh                          "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons    lis est."        - Horace, Ars Poetica

HovqIj

Back to archive top level