tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 10:33:12 1998

Re: betleH mu'

At 02:59 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Qov wrote:
>---Terrence Donnelly  wrote:
>
>> My only quibble is that I don't claim that the points _are_ {Ho'Du'}
>or
>> the C-curve between them _is_ the {pach}; they may have entirely
>> different names if MO ever gets around to telling us.  I just wondered
>> if they were descriptive enough to use in a story.
>
>I am puzzled as to how the concave part could be a /pach/.  A claw
>sticks out, eh?

Actually, I guess the /pach/ would be the entire end, the points and the
curve between them.  In Klingon /pach/ seems to refer to two different
structures (as does the English 'claw'): a single keratinous point on
the end of a digit (as in /nItlhpach/) and an entire grasping structure (as in
/pIpyuS pach/).  I was thinking of the latter imagry.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level