tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 11:08:51 1998

Re: betleH mu'

---Terrence Donnelly  wrote:

> At 02:59 PM 7/14/98 -0700, Qov wrote:
> >---Terrence Donnelly  wrote:

> >I am puzzled as to how the concave part could be
> >a /pach/.  A claw
> >sticks out, eh?
>
> Actually, I guess the /pach/ would be the entire
> end, the points and the
> curve between them.  In Klingon /pach/ seems to
> refer to two different
> structures (as does the English 'claw'): a single keratinous point on
> the end of a digit (as in /nItlhpach/) and an entire grasping
structure (as in
> /pIpyuS pach/).  I was thinking of the latter imagry.

Ahhh, jIyaj.  reH pIpyuS qellu'DI', *lobster* vIqel.  Do we know that
the pIpyuS pach is a grasping structure, or could it be one large
exoskeletal claw that contains meat, or perhaps not a claw at all,
just a meaty extremity, the way there is no real horn involved in a
rhino 'horn' or a Great 'Horned' Owl?

Hey, is lobster prohibitively expensive in Philidelphia? A Klingon
lobster dinner is a sight I'd like to see. What else can you eat with
a hammer and your hands? pIpyuS tIghoooooooor!

==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian