tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 14 23:32:11 1998

Re: KLBC - pabwIj vIlughmoH 'ej mu'tlheghmey chu' vIqon

---Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' Qov:
> >> vavwI' toDpu' yIH vIyachtaHbogh.
> >Don't use /-pu'/ just "saved" simple past tense, no perfective.
>
> *I* think it makes at least as much sense with the perfective aspect.
> Don't let Qov tell you your translation is wrong unless you actually
> *were* trying to use {-pu'} as a strict past tense marker.

Hey, I specified the English.  It was simple past.  And I've yet to
see this person translate a past tense sentence without using the
perfective, so I'm going to hammer on it until I start to see a
distinction.  Or until I'm replaced. :)

==
Qov - Beginners' Grammarian