tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 14 14:10:56 1998

Re: betleH mu'

: voragh wrote:
: >I think {pach} would be better for the entire C-shaped extremity rather than
: >just the cavity between the two points.  This way the bat'leth would have a
: >{pach nIH} "right claw" and a {pach poS} "left claw".  I like {Ho'} for the
: >four tips or points, and wonder if the plural might be *{Ho'Du'}
: >colloquially instead of the expected *{Ho'mey}.  See by analogy KGT p.97:
:
: My only quibble is that I don't claim that the points _are_ {Ho'Du'} or
: the C-curve between them _is_ the {pach}; they may have entirely
: different names if MO ever gets around to telling us.  I just wondered
: if they were descriptive enough to use in a story.
:
: --ter'eS

Which is what we all (I assume!) assumed.  I was just taking your ideas re
{Ho'} and {pach}, which BTW I think are good ones, and developed them a bit
further.  Remember, *everyone's* suggestions for vocabulary on this list are
just that:  merely suggestions, nothing more.

Well... everyone, that is, except Maltz.

Voragh

Back to archive top level