tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 14 12:10:23 1998

Re: betleH mu'

At 11:43 AM 7/14/98 -0700, voragh wrote:

>I think {pach} would be better for the entire C-shaped extremity rather than
>just the cavity between the two points.  This way the bat'leth would have a
>{pach nIH} "right claw" and a {pach poS} "left claw".  I like {Ho'} for the
>four tips or points, and wonder if the plural might be *{Ho'Du'}
>colloquially instead of the expected *{Ho'mey}.  See by analogy KGT p.97:

My only quibble is that I don't claim that the points _are_ {Ho'Du'} or
the C-curve between them _is_ the {pach}; they may have entirely
different names if MO ever gets around to telling us.  I just wondered
if they were descriptive enough to use in a story.

>HetaQ (Chet Braun) faced this same nomemclature problem in his bat'leth
>manual, "Secret Fighting Arts of the Warrior Race: vol.1 betleH yIqel" (173

I intend to steal^H^H^H^H^H borrow some of his fight scenes for my
story!

--ter'eS

Back to archive top level