tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 13 13:28:35 1998

Re: KLBC - pabwIj vIlugh 'ej mu'tlheghmey chu' vIqon

According to Robyn Stewart:

> ---Burt Clawson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > wa'maH losHu' juHmaj wa'DIchvo' juHDaq pIm mavIH 'ej SochHu' mavIH
> > rIntaH.
>
> Reread 4.4.  /juH pImDaq/.  Bear in mind that "we moved from one house
> to another" in Klingon doesn't necessarily imply moving your
> furniture, changing your address, etc.  It could be merely visiting.
> You can only be sure it means that you exhibited motion beteen the two
> locations.  Klingon might have a separate word for the concept, or it
> might be an additional gloss of some other verb implying motion,
> transport etc.

Consider the verb {Dab}, and how the suffix {-choH} might be
useful here for a new address, or how a well placed {...'e'
wImev} might prove useful in referring to the old one.

> > How would you say "very slowly?"
> > Perhaps:  QIt QIt Hoch vIghojtaH.
>
> Heh.  I'd certainly use that in speech.  Looks funny written, doesn't
> it?  Not wrong, though.

QIt Hoch vIghojtaH. *Pakled* vIrur.

> ==
> Qov - Beginners' Grammarian