tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 12 11:24:04 1998

Re: Doqbe' SuDbe' Hurghbe' chISbe' je 'oH

---Quvar muHwI' <[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh tuv'el:
> >Many languages don't use "to be"  (The only example I can think of
right
> >now
> >is Russian, which doesn't use "to be" in the present tense: Ya
glupi, "I
> >am foolish," Ya bolshoi, "I am large.")
> Your subject line: can {je} be used for a sum of verbs??
>
> >{KGT pgs. 82-83} Suggests that Klingon physiology may prevent them
from
> >seeing the color "purple" or "violet."  Perhaps Klingons cannot see
as
> [...]

Daj.  Star Trek paq *Pawns and Symbols* vIlaD.  tlhInganvetlhvaD nIb
Doch Doq Doch qIj je.  Those Klingons see an additional two colours
into the ultraviolet: kalish and amarklor.  HeHmey pIm wIvmo' cha'
qonwI' tlhaQ ghu'.