tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 12 11:20:52 1998

RE: KLBC: word games

---Quvar muHwI' <[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh pagh:
> >Almost. To match your English sentence, you probably need to write
> I don't want to match my english sentence. It's just a rough
translation of
> my Klingon sentence.

The BG can only tell what you are trying to say by the translation you
provide.  If I say "chonuQqa'chugh qaHoH" and then translate it as
"please don't do that again," most people know that I'm kidding
around, but when Klingon and its translation differ at all in a KLBC
posting, it's the BG's job to point out the discrepancy.  Sometimes a
small difference conceals a large misunderstanding. yItuv.