tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 12 11:07:13 1998

Re: KLBC - jIqeqtaH

pagh wrote:
> > > jIqaw'eghmoH.
---Burt Clawson <[email protected]>
> > "remember" is <qaw>, and "destroy" is <Qaw'>. I assume you meant
one of
> > these.
> >

> I meant <qaw> "remember."

I'm not sure the point went across here.  pagh did not make an error
in writing {jIqaw'eghmoH}.  The word parses jI- qaw -'egh -moH.
{jIqaw'eghmoH} means "I remind myself" or "I cause myself to
remember."  pagh both meant {qaw} and correctly wrote it.

There is an error in TKD for one instance of the suffix -'egh, where
it is written without the initial letter {'}.  This may be the source
of the confusion.

 Qov