tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 12 09:40:48 1998

Re: how do you learn voc?

ja' muHwI':
>ghItlh DloraH:
>>When at work (or school) and home, look around and try to name things.  when
>>somebody says something, or after you say something, think about what it
>Yes, "think". But the words, I can't look them up. Sometimes I stand there
>and I think like {*door* vI*open*meH nuq vI*use*nIS} (this is just an example)

This would go along well with the suggestion to compile your own personal
dictionary.  Copy all of the words from both sides of TKD and its appendix,
TKW, the "new words" page on the KLI web, and the newest ones you've seen
here.  Put them in a form where you can print them out and make yourself a
booklet you can carry with you everywhere, so that you *can* look them up.

>>would have been in klingon.  After a while (weeks, not minutes) you will get
>>tired of looking up words and your brain will give in and remember the words.
>DuSaQDaq mu'mey vI*look-up*laHbe' (this is a better example how it goes :-)
>I cannot walk around with TKD and KGT et alt.

But can you walk around with a word list that you printed yourself?

>>The best way is to find a friend that doesn't think you're crazy for
>ghobe'. Do'Ha' tlhIngan Hol ghojqangbogh ghot vISovbe'. I don't know anyone
>to practise with.

Come to the MUSH (telnet://mush.kli.org:2218) and try practicing there.

>>If you can attend the qep'a' definitely do so.  Those few days will help
>>more than you think.
>Hopqu' qep'a'! *Germany* vIDabtaH, 'ej lengvaD Huch vIghajbe'.

So host a qepHom!  You know there are many people in Germany who study
Klingon.  I'm sure you'd be able to find some who would attend.

>chaq qep'a' wa'maHDIch vISuch.
>I am planning to come to the tenth qep'a'.

pa' qaleghbej.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level