tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 11 14:12:55 1998

Re: SuvwI'bom

ja' HomDoq:
>I understand your preference for word order.
>I don't know why you think pronouns can only mean "is a kind of"
>and never "is the same as". But I can accept that there are other
>ways to express equality.

I think they work better as "is a kind of" than as "is the same as"
because of how they're explained in TKD and because of the large
quantity of examples using them that way.  I understand sentences
that use them to mean equality, but I don't easily interpret them
that way at first glance.

>I don't like topicalized question words. They confuse me.

Don't think of it as topicalizing the question itself.  It merely means
that the thing being queried about (the subject or object) is the topic
of the sentence.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level