tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 10 15:13:26 1998

Re: Comic

>Talking to myself:
>
>:: As in the picture kind you get in big books that tell stories and not
the
>:: kind which stands up and tells jokes. ;)
>::
>:: i.e.. what could I say for comic book... Something paq...
>::
>:: Chris Lipscombe
>:
>:So for a "comic" or "illustrated book" I would suggest {paq
luDIjmoHlu'bogh}
>:("a book someone has used a pigment stick on")--on the model of {to'baj
'uS
>:lughoDlu'bogh} "stuffed tobbaj legs" from Power Klingon.  Not exactly
pithy,
>:however.  Other suggestions?
>
>You could just call it a {paq tlhaQ} a "funny book", for short, like {lut
>tlhaQ} "funny story" from Power Klingon.  Comics that appear in American
>newspapers are often called "the funny papers".
>
>Voragh

Well I was going to use it to refer to a comic story, as in a Star Trek
story, not one of the short funny ones :) I think I will have to use your
first idea. I can't think of anything better... I there a word for picture,
I was thinking of picture book.

Chris

Back to archive top level