tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 10 14:41:27 1998

Re: Comic

Talking to myself:

:: As in the picture kind you get in big books that tell stories and not the
:: kind which stands up and tells jokes. ;)
::
:: i.e.. what could I say for comic book... Something paq...
::
:: Chris Lipscombe
:
:So for a "comic" or "illustrated book" I would suggest {paq luDIjmoHlu'bogh}
:("a book someone has used a pigment stick on")--on the model of {to'baj 'uS
:lughoDlu'bogh} "stuffed tobbaj legs" from Power Klingon.  Not exactly pithy,
:however.  Other suggestions?

You could just call it a {paq tlhaQ} a "funny book", for short, like {lut
tlhaQ} "funny story" from Power Klingon.  Comics that appear in American
newspapers are often called "the funny papers".

Voragh

Back to archive top level