tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 10 06:43:18 1998

KLBC::Saj tera'ngan je'

Last night, while sitting at the pool I re-read the syntax section of TKD,
and I decided to write one sentence for each type of construction. I hope I
mange to construct them correctly.

mu'thleghmeyvam vIchenmoHtaHvIS, pagh Saj vIqIp!

Here they are:

Basic Sentences
Saj qIp tera'ngan - The Terran hit the pet
tera'ngan qIp Saj - The pet hit the Terran
Saj vIqIp - I hit the pet
muqIp Saj - The pet hit me
Saj yIqIp - Hit the pet!
DujDaq Saj vIqIp - I hit the pet in the ship

Complex Sentences
Compound Sentences
Qong Saj 'ej vIqIp - The pet sleeps and I hit it
jIQongtaH 'ach muqIp Saj - I am sleeping but the pet hit me
QongtaH Saj qoj qettaH Saj - The pet is sleeping and/or running
QongtaH Saj pagh qettaH Saj - The pet it either sleeping or running

Subordinate Clause
QongDI' Saj yIqIp - When the pet sleeps, hit it!
Qongchurgh Saj vIqIp - If the pet sleeps, I will hit it.
QongtaHvIS Saj vIqIppu' - While the pet was sleeping, I hit it.

Relative Clause
QongtaHbogh Saj vIqIp - I hit the pet that is sleeping.
QongtaHbogh tera'ngan qIp Saj - The pet hit the Terran that is sleeping.

Pupose Clause
Saj vIqIpmeH jIQong - I sleep in order to hit the pet.

I hope those are correct.

Chris Lipscombe
Computer Coordinater
Technical Services