tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 09 15:09:50 1998

Re: QoghIj qaD

ghItlh SuStel:

>I believe Okrand recently told us (or rather, told one of us at a
It was discussed on this list last year and later printed in HolQeD.

>convention) that questions cannot be objects.  In {nuq vIje' vIneH} you have
>a question as an object.  Whether you like it or not, it is a question as
>object sentence.

>Perhaps it IS correct, but I haven't seen any objective reason to believe
>that.
Yes, but the question is the object of the verb {neH}, and this verb seems
to be a special one (see use of 'e'). Could this be another exception of
the verb {neH}?

>SuStel
>Stardate 98515.7

muHwI'