tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 08 14:45:09 1998

Re: QoghIj qaD

From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>

>Qermaq jang SuStel:
>>>nuq vIje' vIneH?
>>
>>Ick: question as object.
>
>In this case, it *is* a question, so it doesn't sound wrong to me.
>The question word substitutes for the answer, exactly the way questions
>are supposed to work in Klingon.

In other words, you *like* this one, so you're not going to argue against
it.

I believe Okrand recently told us (or rather, told one of us at a
convention) that questions cannot be objects.  In {nuq vIje' vIneH} you have
a question as an object.  Whether you like it or not, it is a question as
object sentence.

Perhaps it IS correct, but I haven't seen any objective reason to believe
that.

SuStel
Stardate 98515.7

Back to archive top level