tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 08 09:54:02 1998

RE: KLBC: word games

ghItlh pagh:

>> Aloa.
>nuqjatlh?
pagh vIjatlh. Human mu' 'oH.

>> wov maSwov 'e' Sov.
>> --  He knows that the moonlight is bright.
>maj. Also consider <wov maSwov net Sov>.
rap.

>> qaSDI' DIS law' DISDaq DaqnIS 'e' DISlaw' qarDaSngan.
>> --  It seems that the cardassian confesses that he needed to
>> eavesdrop many years in a cave.

>Almost. To match your English sentence, you probably need to write
I don't want to match my english sentence. It's just a rough translation of
my Klingon sentence.

>"It seems that the Cardassian confesses that he needed to eavesdrop in a
>cave after many years."
That's pretty much the same thing as what I said.

>val mu'tlheghlIj. tlhIngan Hol DaHaD 'e' yImevQo'.
tlhIngan Hol vIHaD 'e' vImev 'e' vIHechbe'.
vIHaD 'e' vImevqangbe'
jImevQo'

>pagh
>Temporary Beginners' Grammarian