tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 05 09:57:04 1998

Re: -Curses

From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>bIlugh.  Not all epithets are exotic (toDSaH, petaQ, etc.). Don't forget
some
>are perfectly good nouns used in other contexts: Ha'DIbaH, qoH, Qa'Hom,
HuH,
>veQ, tu'HomIraH, etc.  And in the episodes, the epithets are indeed nouns.

Ignoring the talk about Star Trek episodes (we all know how closely they
follow TKD), this is the first good evidence pointing towards epithets being
used as nouns: the fact that nouns may be used as epithets.

The case is still far from won, however, since this could easily be a
one-way street.  Can we put noun suffixes on {chuvmey} exclamation epithets?
Can we put these in sentences?

SuStel
Stardate 98509.7

Back to archive top level