tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 05 09:57:03 1998

Re: Question from a newbie

From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>Or Klingon music theory might differ from English music theory.  Perhaps
>in Klingon, "nonatonic" means there are eight distinct note names and the
>ninth one is a repeat of the first.

Since "nonatonic" is not a Klingon word, it cannot mean such a thing.  If
Okrand used the word "nonatonic," then he was using it in English, and it
means what it means in English.  If he used it wrong, then who really cares?
We know what he meant, so give the guy a break.

The only way you can talk about what Klingons call such a scale is if you
know their word for it.

SuStel
Stardate 98509.7

Back to archive top level