tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 05 09:57:02 1998

Re: -Curses

From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>

>ja' muHwI':
>>Are name-calling (epithetical) curses used as exclamations or as nouns?
>
>I'm sure they're nouns.  In English, an epithet is a name, and a name is
>used as a noun.  On Star Trek, we've heard it said that someone "...speaks
>the lies of a {taHqeq}."  That's a noun for sure.

On Star Trek, we've heard a lot of complete jibberish.  I'd hardly look to
Star Trek TV for answer to grammatical questions like this one.

I'm not at all sure they're nouns.  It would make sense, but I don't see the
evidence as conclusive, or even particularly convincing.

SuStel
Stardate 98509.7

Back to archive top level