tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 01 10:04:10 1998

The Farmer's Treasure is the Warrior's Burden

I wrote
> Has the phrase from StarTrek: Klingon been translated already?
>     "The farmer's treasure is the warrior's burden."
> (Gowron said that to me... er... to Pok in the Klingon CD after I had to
> choose if I want to come with him or not.)
> I don't want to waste too much time with it if it's already been translated.

Voragh replied:
>AFAIK, it hasn't been, certainly not by Okrand.  Or if he has, he's never
>published it.  So feel free to indulge yourself.  It's fairly straitforward,
>though I am interested in what you come up with for "burden".

Well, that's exactly my problem :-))
There's no word for "treasure", neither is there for "burden"
Should we just wait until Maltz tells us more about that, or make a lot of
recasting about that?

{vaj *burden* 'oH wIjwI' *treasure*'e'} E-Z, isn't it?
Then I came up with things like
{pagh ghajchugh wIjwI' mIp vaj}
or
{vay' ghajchugh ...}
(these are just some thoughts from boring class:-)

How would you (tlhIH) recast "burden" and "treasure"????
Any suggestions?

muHwI'

Back to archive top level