tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 30 08:40:13 1998

Re: Nature phenomenon

ja' ghunchu'wI':
>ja' DloraH:
>>...It could refer to cats and dogs, or buckets, but we all
>>know what is really falling from the sky; do we need to spell it out every
>>time?...
>>  This action of the water droplets falling is refered to by the verb SIS.
>>We could specify what the subject is, but I think everyone over five years
>>old knows what it is.
>
>DloraH thinks it's the drop of water that rains.  That's two possibilities.

I'm not the only one that thinks this.  My unabridged webster dictionary says:

rain:(n) 1.a. The moisture of the atmosphere condensed and falling in
visible drops.
b. a fall of such drops
2. Fall, stream of something falling thickly in form of minute particles
(v) 1.a. rain is falling
b. to fall like rain; to fall in rapid drops
3. To arrive in large numbers, in continuous succession

DloraH
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro
(last updated: 22 Jan 98)

Back to archive top level