tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 29 14:05:30 1998

Re: KLBC: HIqeqmoH, pabpo'!

> }chaq muqaD 'op pabpo'pu'.
> }(Maybe, some of the grammarians could challenge me?)
>
> }mu'tlhegh nap vImugh qoj vIjang.
> }(Will translate or answer simple sentences.)
>
> {... vImughqang qoj vIjangqang}  You're expressing your willingness, right?

actually no (I was just thinking of simple future tense), but
now that you mentioned it, I think I should have

> In fact, I recommend {chaq muqaDqang ...} above, too.

same

> }(About the subject line: I'm really glad this kind of
> }prefix abuse is possible, so I didn't have to choose
> }{yI-} or {pe-} :-))
>
> Not abuse.  Quite straightforward first edition stuff.

so you consider {qeq} to be intransitive? bc the bouncing of the
original subject to an "other" noun with {-vaD} is not in TKD, is it?

> To practice your vocabulary, explain to me in five to ten sentences the plot
> of any movie you like.  I suggest RoboCop, because my husband is currently
> watching it, and I don't get it yet.

well, I haven't seen RoboCop, but for all I know, it may well have
no plot at all (ducking for cover...)

assuming the "real" plot of the movie I _am_ talking about is well-known,
I took some liberties with it...

cha' loDnI' lut DalaD: *bIluS* tuq *'elwuD* *jeyyIq* je.
   You are about to read the story of two brothers:
   *'elwuD* and *jeyyIq* of the house of *bIluS* (esp. *jeyyIq* :)

SuvwI' chaHbe' 'ach luquvnISmoHlu': bom Dunqu' bom.
   They are no warriors, but they have to be honoured:
   they sing "fabulous" songs.

yajHa'ghachHommo' ngaqbogh muchwI'pu' chIl.
   Due to some minor misunderstandings they lost their
   supporting musicians ("the band")

Huch yap Hutlh ghojmoqchaj 'e' lughojDI' ...
   As soon as they learn that their Nanny is in need of money ...

... ngapbogh muchwI' nejchoH.
   ... they start to bring the band back together.

Qatlhqu' Qu' 'ach Qap.
   This is very difficult but they succeed.

Huch'e' Hutlhbogh ghojmoqchaj luSuqmeH ...
   In order to earn the money needed ...

... ghom'a' tInvaD bomnIS.
   ... they need to sing for a big crowd.

Qap je.
   They succeed again.

'ach qaS yajHa'ghachmey 'ej luqoplu'.
   But some misunderstandings occur and they are arrested.

tugh taHqa' lutvam.
   This story will soon resume.

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq