tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 27 19:07:05 1998

Re: KLBC: nuq and 'Iv

ghItlh ~mark
>{'Iv targh} for "whose targh" sounds absolutely fine to me (and how else
to do it?)  It might have been me, for all I know, but until I >see what I
was thinking then I'm puzzled.

Hmm.  Here's one thing that seems certain.  Even if {nuq} and {'Iv} don't
behave like that (maybe they have counterpart type 4 suffixes?) we can
_definitely_ say {nuq DungDaq} for "above what?", as briefly discussed (by
~mark, I think) in HolQeD 6.1, page 10.  Even if the chuvmey {nuq} and
{'Iv} just don't do that, they can certainly behave like the other pronouns
for prepositional concepts.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level