tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 26 14:27:17 1998

Re: It's a puzzelment

According to Marc Paige:

> mu'QujHom vIlo'. mu'tlhegh naQ vIghItlh:
>
> moQ Sopta'bogh jon targh.

The targ captured the ball which it had eaten.

Eeeeeeewwwwwww!

Sequence is important.

>            pagh
> moQ jon targh. moQ Sop targh.

maj.

>           pagh
> targhvaD moQ vIchuHbogh jon 'ej Sopta' targh'e'
> (lughlaw' mu'tlegh Qav)

Just a couple style points. First, as it was pointed out in my
jatmey story (a stylistic error I did there), it is better to
place {targh} between {jon} and {'ej} than at the end. Second,
{targh} does not need {-'e'} here unless you are trying to make
some emphatic statement about the targ.

Lastly, {'ej} does not necessarily imply sequence. If I yell
{chotIch 'ej choquvHa'moH!} it does not imply that the insult
preceeded the dishonor. Likely they both happened
simultaneously.

> QatlhchoH pab. qar'a'

ghobe'. ngeDchoH pab. yIqeq!

> SI'IluD