tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 26 14:17:59 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

According to m109:

> >"The targ caught the ball, then ate it," would NOT be a good
> >use of the word {vaj} as a conjunction.
> >
> >charghwI'
>
> How would you express doing A then later doing B?

There is no single right way to do this. Different call for
different methods. I'll show all the ones I can think of on the
spur of the moment even though some don't really fit this
example all that well.

> (When the targ had caught the ball, it ate it)
> In this case how could you express doing A then B then C?

moQHom Soppa' targh, moQHom jon targh.

moQHom jonta'DI' targh, moQHom Sop targh.

moQHom jon targh. moQHom Sop targh.

moQHom'e' jonta'bogh targh Sop targh.

moQHom SopmeH targh, moQHom jon targh. Sop.

moQHom jonDI' targh, moQHom Soprup targh. Sop.

moQHom jonDI' targh, SIbI' moQHom SopchoH targh.

Need I continue?

> Write Back.
> qelayn
> --