tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 23 10:01:50 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

According to David Trimboli:

The caution that I think needs to be given here, especially to
beginners, is that {vaj} does mean "thus" as a conjunction, but
it does not mean "then" in the sense of, "I did A and then I
did B and then I did C." In both these cases, there is a sense
of cause linking the two clauses. The bug died, thus the child
is happy. You have chosen your weapon for a reason. The reason
is to fight, so fight!

"The targ caught the ball, then ate it," would NOT be a good
use of the word {vaj} as a conjunction.

> SuStel
> Stardate 98061.9

charghwI'