tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 21:06:09 1998

rotten jay'

wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap

During the discussion about "stinking hands", someone (possibly SuStel)
pointed out that {jay'} works quite well. I agree.  I should have said so
then.

I had suggested {non}.  I retract that because it is too literal of a
translation of "rotten" in place of "stinking".  Naturally, recasting to get
the true meaning is the correct method.  {jay'} covers the invective sense.
Literal translation only got me into deeper trouble.

'oy'be'chugh Qapbe'lu'

peHruS

Back to archive top level