tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 04:30:59 1998

Re: Poetry

ghItlh: Qov <[email protected]>

>}As a Type 5 noun suffix, {-'e'} is never placed on the first
>}noun of a noun-noun construction (TKD p31).
>
> lugh ghunchu'wI'.  Because of the oddly-placed type-5 I read this
> as:"It/she/he/they live(s) while my eyes which are very tired
> occur."

>Unfortunately the "original" in this case is an imperfect
> translation from the Portuguese, so only Edy knows what it is
> supposed to mean.  Perhaps it is an idiom.  I am quite sure
> that much of the Klingon the BG's flag as
>correct would really sound this bizarre to Klingons.

    It's really unfortunatly, because it's impossible (for me)
to translate the exatly meaning of the poetry in english
due the idomatic expressions. I can write the meaning of
the words, but not the feeling.

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level