tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 21 00:09:53 1998

Re: Unofficial words (Was: Re puqpu')

In a message dated 98-01-18 21:33:04 EST, ghunchu'wI' writes to peHruS:

<< For "seed", try {qurgh}.  Again, see the bottom of KGT page 88. >>

------peHruS continues----

I suggest your CAREFULLY re-read KGT p88.

qurgh means "bean" whether refering to the seed or the pod or both.  This in
NO way implies that {qurgh} means any other kind of seed!!!!

However, thanks to your dissensions, I did read {naHjej} on KGT p88.  I had
been using {neHjej} from the glossary for "thistle".

Finally, whenever anyone poses wishes from no on, I hope you ignore them
instead of caustically replying to them.  You may stick your head in the mud
and foresee no future for words in tlhIngan Hol.  Some of us are realistic
enough to realize that there are words for things yet unrevealed.  Until we
get those words, we have two methods:  describing the thing using the words we
already have, or using *English*.  I, for one--and I am not alone--wish for
the real Klingon words.

reH Sachjaj tlhIngan wo' thlIngan Hol je     peHruS

Back to archive top level