tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 07:37:34 1998

Re: Unofficial words (Was: Re puqpu')

: ghunchu'wI' answers peHruS:
:
: ----------peHruS writes----------
: be curved (sv) = SIH.     TKD gives "bend".  Voragh, please provide canon uses
: of {SIH}.  I have thought this a transitive verb, not a stative verb.  I would
: have used {SIH} for {naQvam SIHlaH je puq}.  While it appears that ghunchu'wI'
: might say {SIH He} and {naQvam SIHmoHlaH je puq}.
:
: This means I would never have used {SIHHa'} as a stative verb either.

{SIH} has never been used in canon. All we have is the glossary entry
"bend".  My notes show that some on this list have used {*SIHlaH} as "be
flexible".  FWIW, TKD also lists {joD} "stoop" (again, no attestations in
canon) for the actions of people.

Voragh

Back to archive top level