tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 10:12:47 1998

Re: about the mailing list

Steven Boozer writes:

 > Bad idea, though I sympathize. Between work and home, I'm on over two dozen
 > mailing and distribution lists myself. However, my emailer only displays the
 > first 20-odd letters of the Subject line in the summary listing of messages.
 > Adding such a tag wouldn't let me see the actual subjects of the message.

Still [KL] would be better than nothing...

 > 2) Tell the KLI listserv to send you the digest version of the list ("set
 > tlhingan-hol digest" I think is the command). You will then see something
 > like "TLHINGAN-HOL DIGEST No. ##/### [Date]" as the Subject line for that
 > day's digest.  This is what I do with most of my lists.

I think it will be the best solution. My mailer knows how to split a
digest so replying to individual e-mails isn't a problem. Still, you
miss the thrill of having Qov respond to your e-mails very fast ;)

Thanks.

Back to archive top level