tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 10:04:02 1998

Re: about the mailing list

Phill wrote:
: wouldn't it be possible to add a header to all the posts from the list?
: I am now in 3 email list. 2 of them have headers. This one doesn't and
: it makes it hard to see when scanning the e-mails if this is a
: personnal post or one from the mailing list.
: something like  [tlhIngan Hol] in every subject line would make things
: a lot easyer.
: What do you guys think ?

Bad idea, though I sympathize. Between work and home, I'm on over two dozen
mailing and distribution lists myself. However, my emailer only displays the
first 20-odd letters of the Subject line in the summary listing of messages.
Adding such a tag wouldn't let me see the actual subjects of the message.

There are a couple of options you can do yourself:

1) Configure your email program to display or sort according to a different
header in the summary listing of that day's messages. Check your program's
documentation. Here are the headers attached to every post on this mailing
list already containing the string "tlhingan-hol" (your mailer is probably
set to suppress most of these):