tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 13:08:42 1998

KLBC -- jIlIHegh (extreme beginner)

In a message dated 97-12-29 18:15:28 EST, From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <
[email protected]>

>  Welcome from me too.  I am Grammarian on the list, not just for beginners,
>  which means I don't often chime in on the BG, but there was a point or two
>  I needed to mention.

Ok, great. Enchanted to meet you.

>  >On Thu, 25 Dec 1997 22:27:28 -0800 (PST) Falling
>  ><[email protected]> wrote:
>  >
>  >> ghomvamDaq jIchu'.  DaHjaj jIHvaD TKD
>  >> nobpu' loDnI'wIj.
>  >
>  >valqu'ba' loDnI'lIj. All this is fine with one little comment.
>
>  Well, and another one.  charghwI' was undoubtedly blinded by your
>  *impressive* command after a single day's study (and I can hardly blame
>  him!), but -wIj/-lIj is not the right suffix here, unless you're not very
>  fond of your brother.

<snip>

Oh!!! I entirely forgot that section when I wrote it...I was probably
working rather carelessly from the charts.  I appreciate the correction, for
I don't want to be too mean to the person who gave me TKD.  Not that our
relationship always deserves an {-oy} or anything.......

>  Alexander Graham Bell never liked "Hello" for this.  He preferred "Ahoy!"
>  as the telephone greeting.

Hey, well there's another bit to add to our frequently-morphing voice
answering message! Hehe...I'll bet my parents're grateful to you for this one.
<<dredges up a pathetic australian accent & sets to work recording>>   =)

>  You bet.  Be very proud, notjISaH.

 <shrug> Oh, no, it's tons of fun......but thank you....

>  ~mark

--notjISaH

In a message dated 97-12-29 18:15:28 EST, From: "Mark E. Shoulson"
<[email protected]>

>  Welcome from me too.  I am Grammarian on the list, not just for beginners,
>  which means I don't often chime in on the BG, but there was a point or two
>  I needed to mention.

Ok, great. Enchanted to meet you.

>  >On Thu, 25 Dec 1997 22:27:28 -0800 (PST) Falling
>  ><[email protected]> wrote:
>  >
>  >> ghomvamDaq jIchu'.  DaHjaj jIHvaD TKD
>  >> nobpu' loDnI'wIj.
>  >
>  >valqu'ba' loDnI'lIj. All this is fine with one little comment.
>
>  Well, and another one.  charghwI' was undoubtedly blinded by your
>  *impressive* command after a single day's study (and I can hardly blame
>  him!), but -wIj/-lIj is not the right suffix here, unless you're not very
>  fond of your brother.

<snip>

Oh!!! I entirely forgot that little section when I wrote it...I was probably
working rather carelessly from the charts.  I appreciate the correction, for I
don't want to be too mean to the person who gave me TKD.  Not that our
relationship always deserves an {-oy} or anything.......

>  Alexander Graham Bell never liked "Hello" for this.  He preferred "Ahoy!"
>  as the telephone greeting.

Hey, well there's another bit to add to our frequently-morphing voice
answering message! Hehe...I'll bet my parents're grateful to you for this one.
<<dredges up a pathetic australian accent & sets to work recording>>   =)

>  You bet.  Be very proud, notjISaH.

<shrug> Oh, no, it's tons of fun......but thank you....

>  ~mark

--notjISaH

Back to archive top level