tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 28 13:56:43 1998

Re: KLBC: Re: qechmey vIHutlh

|ja' HovqIj:
|>1.majatlhchuq. lutmey DIjatlh. -We talk to each other. We tell stories.
|>(Note that I changed {ja'chuq} into {jatlhchuq}; I think it's better
|>because it can't be misunderstood so easily)
|
|But {ja'chuq} is in the dictionary, and I think it means exactly what you
|want it to: "We tell one another.  We confer.  We talk among ourselves."

|-- ghunchu'wI'

Absolutely.  There's no need to avoid using {ja'chuq} just because some
people don't like the word. Okrand has no problem with it:

    ja'chuqmeH rojHom neH jaghla'
    The enemy commander wishes a truce (in order) to confer. (TKD)

    maja'chuqjaj?
    Can we talk?  (PK, though this phrase is not recommended!)

    'uQ wISoppu'DI' maja'chuq.
    We will talk after dinner. (PK)

Okrand wrote he would comment on {ja'chuq} soon on startrek.expertforum
or .klingon.  Then, I hope, we'll all feel more comfortable using this.

Voragh

Back to archive top level