tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 23 13:53:53 1998

Re: {'evnagh} (was Re: KLBC: logh veQ)

> From opposite directions, two objects (A and B) approach a
> third object (C) at 3/4 light speed. Special Relativity tells
> you a lot about AC and BC, but AB has this little problem... It
> is a paradox and Special Relativity does not give clear,
> unambiguous, testable answers.
>
> charghwI'

jIyajbe'. qay' pagh. nuq 'oH qay'law'bogh vay''e'?

mu'tlhegh wa'Daq
"the speed of A, as measured in the rest frame of C, is .75 c" 'ej
"the speed of B, as measured in the rest frame of C, is .75 c"
Dajatlhlaw'.

qayajchu''a'?

vaj, "the speed of A, as measured in the rest frame of B, and vice versa,
is .96 c".

v" = (v + v')/(1 + (v v')) (if you measure v in units of c)

loQ tlhIngan Hol vIlo'mo' neH, jItlhIj.
(OK, this is definitely unreadable... I want to say
"because I used Klingon only a little bit")

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level