tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 17 16:59:15 1998

Re: KLBC: veqlargh paq

>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 21:50:01 -0800 (PST)
>From: Qov <[email protected]>
>
>At 15:58 98-02-06 -0800, 'elren wrote:

I had a lot of trouble with most of these translations, partly because it's
 far from clear what the ENGLISH means, and the Klingon looks like a direct
translation of the words, not the concepts.

>}wej
>} qo' SovtaHghach vIqaDmeH jIQam 'ej qeyleS chatmey quvchetmey je vIyu'.
>} I stand in order to challange the knowledge of the world.

What does this mean?

>} 'ej "Qo'" chojatlh jagh jubbe' SoH
>}and if you say "Don't", you will be my
>}mortal enemy.

A "mortal enemy" has nothing to do with the fact that the enemy is subject
to dying.  It means an implacable or dire enemy.  It's an idiom; it doesn't
translate.

~mark

Back to archive top level