tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 16 13:51:09 1998

RE: Prefix Canon

: Your transcription is correct. My citation was from memory, and I have
: not listened to CK in three years. I knew it was one or the other, and I
: guessed wrong.
:
: pagh

The point was that you remembered the quote and I didn't, for which I thank
you. I made a transcript of CK soon after I bought it. Apparently I failed
to copy {SuDal} "all of you are boring" into the entry in my "Annotated
Klingon Dictionary" for {Su-}. It made it into the entry for {Dal}, so I
must have been interrupted at the time.

I've done this for every word in every sentence of canon, supplementing it
by relevent quotations from a variety of sources, turning my AKD into more
of a concordance rather than merely an annotated glossary. It took quite
some time to do (and I'm not finished adding all of the material from KGT
yet) - the document is now 318 pages long. But the payoff is that I now have
a quick way of seeing just how Okrand uses (or doesn't use) any given word,
prefix or suffix simply by looking it up alphabetically and then copying the
citation into an email post on the mailing list.

But it only works if my notes are complete and thoroughly cross-referenced,
so I welcome any and all corrections from the membership.

Voragh

Back to archive top level