tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 11 05:51:55 1998

Re: poH'a'

Alan Anderson wrote:

> ja' K'ryntes:
> >tlhingan jIghItlh 'ej poH'a' mutlhap.  ghojmoHpu', Dutlhap poH
'ar'a'?

> nuqjatlh?  chaq qechlIj vIyaj, 'ach jIloyqangbe'.  pabHa' mu'meyvam.
>
> After translating each word in isolation, I think I understand, but
I'd
> rather not guess at what you meant.  What did you mean to say?
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Oh my, was it that bad? :) I meant to say....

It takes me a long time when I write something in Klingon. Teachers, how
long does it take you?

When I started learning, it seemed to me that Klingon sentences are the
same as English if I read them backwards. So when I write Klingon, I
start at the end of a sentence and write it backwards. I'm guessing that
since you're not sure what I wrote that my theory is wrong. Or maybe I'm
just wrong with the grammar. I don't know. hmmmmmmmmm

Qapla'
K'ryntes