tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 06:50:56 1998

Re: QaghmeywIj

According to [email protected]:
> ---peHruS adds---
> I don't like moving the -Daq clause over and putting 'oHbogh on it either.
>
> cha'maH wejvatlh wejmaH rep The ExperienceDaq tagh tlhoghtay
> veSqa' tuq ghotpu' chaH jeSwI'pu''e'

I'm assuming that you are not using punctuation and these are
two separate sentences with the line break dividing them. The
problem with this style of writing (respecting your dislike for
punctuation) is that when the first line is long enough to fill
a line, the second line looks like a continuation of the same
sentence and it gets really confusing. Maybe a blank line
between each sentence and two blank lines between each
paragraph would improve legibility, so continued lines would
lack the blank line and we could tell the difference between a
long sentence followed by a short one and a single long
sentence spilling onto a second line.

Note that you are the only person who writes without
punctuation and handles line breaks like this and it doesn't
help people understand what you write. I'll also note that
Okrand has been using punctuation on the Skybox cards for some
time now, so you might reconsider your position on that issue.
He even uses commas from time to time.

> And, I DO want to watch that the TV stations present it.  That line is
> correct.  I meant the latter idea, just as I wrote.  I did not mean what you
> suspect.
>
> We can know (for sure) the speech which I translated (intentionally) as soon
> as [the TV station] has presented it.
>
> tlhoghtay jeSwI'pu'vaD jImaq    Qapla'     peHruS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level