tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 07 20:33:16 1998

Re: KLBC: Some questions

ja' Edy:
>yIlegh'egh - See yourself, but it could mean "see by yourself"?

{yIlegh'egh} is fine for "see yourself."  I'm not sure exactly what
you mean by "see by yourself".  {nIteb} means "alone, acting alone".
Does {nIteb yIlegh} "see without assistance" say what you want?

>or I have to say: yIlegh'eghmoH.

This is "Cause yourself to see."  I don't think it means the same
thing as "see by yourself."

>How can I say: 3 hours ago I was in my room?
>wejrep qaSpu'DI' pa'wIjDaq jIHpu' (?)

{wej rep} is two words, and as the subject of {qaSpu'DI'} it must come
after the verb: {qaSpu'DI' wej rep}.  Even after that correction, what
I get from your sentence is "After three hours, I had been in my room."
You want to say that you were in the room before three hours happened.

  {DaH rIn wej rep.  taghpa' poHvetlh pa'wIjDaq jIHtaH.}
  "Now three hours are over.  I was in my room before that time began."

>Another doubt here:  yabraj vIlaDlaH (I can read the mind of you all)
>or yabmeyraj vIlaDlaH (I can read your minds) .

Both of these are grammatically correct.  Don't forget that the lack of
a plural suffix doesn't automatically mean that something is singular.
{yabraj} can mean "your minds", and indeed *must* mean that if something
else (such as a verb prefix) indicates that it's plural.  For example,
{yabraj DIlaDlaH} can only mean "We can read your minds."

I'm not sure I answered your doubt completely.  If you don't understand
something, let me know.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level