tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 06 00:52:02 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

-----Original Message-----
From: William H. Martin <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, February 05, 1998 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

>I'll note that in my mind, the image was of a girl around 9 to
>12. I'd call a teenager {be' Qup}. Again, that's just a
>personal orientation. I just don't see anyone physically
>capable of reproduction as {be'Hom}/girl.

In Star Trek: Klingon, Pok is referred to, I believe, as {loDHom}.
(Certainly, the human holodeck-user is.)  Since he is going through his Rite
of Ascension, he must be in the seventh month of his 15th year.  I suspect
that {loDHom} is used for males until they complete the Rite of Ascension.
(Presumably, the Rite is different if one does not plan on becoming a
warrior.)

I see no reason to believe that female warriors do not also undergo the Rite
of Ascension, so upon completing it, a {be'Hom} would become a {be'}.

Then again, Worf's son Alexander is, what, eight years old?, and is already
serving in the Klingon Defense Force.  They're getting younger and younger
these days.

nentay ta'DI' vay', nenpu'.  'ach quSDaq jIba'.

SuStel
Stardate 98099.6

Back to archive top level