tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 06 00:52:02 1998

Re: Locatives and {-bogh} (was Re: KLBC Poetry)

-----Original Message-----
From: William H. Martin <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, February 05, 1998 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: Locatives and {-bogh} (was Re: KLBC Poetry)

>~mark is wrong. I was wrong. You are wrong. We could spend time
>trying to figure out what is right, though I doubt it is worth
>it.

Erg.  No one is *wrong* here, because we have no solid *facts*.  Who knows?
Maybe ~mark's language stack DOES operate in this case, and our example
sentence is a fluke or an error.  Maybe there are certain times when the
Type 5's are treated as postpositions and other times when they are treated
simply like suffixes.  We just don't know.  My argument has not been, "You
are wrong," it has been, "You are not necessarily right."

We just need to track down Ok-- er, Maltz, aim a big, chunky-looking
disruptor at him, and ask him sweetly what the story is with this stuff.

SuStel
Stardate 98099.6

Back to archive top level