tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 04 21:06:48 1998

Re: Words (mirror) [was ridges]

ja' qe'San:
>In updating my Dictionary I came across: tlher - be lumpy(v). But I'm
>sure I wouldn't last long If I admired a Klingons lumps.  Especially
>if I forgot to specify which lumps. However, jokes aside, that's
>exactly how Terrans refer to undulations on the head, isn't it? So who
>knows. What do you think?

{tlher} "be lumpy" is introduced in a discussion of *food* textures, along
with {ngal} "be chewy" and {char} "be slimy".  These are all considered to
be *positive* qualities, by the way.  But I probably would not use {tlher}
to refer to a lumpy cranium, or any other part of a person's body, unless
I really wanted to focus attention on its texture as opposed to the shape.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level